Yes! We're now accepting Bitcoin & Credit Card payments for 3DS Controller Mod products/services that ship to/from Santa Fe, New Mexico. As a Bitcoin friendly business, we're offering 10% discount on 3DS Controller Mod products/services when paid with Bitcoin. Just email us after paying via Bitcoin and we'll refund you the discount amount. Offer not valid when combined with other promotions.
If you live near NYC instead of Santa Fe, New Mexico, you can also give us a call to see if we have 3DS Controller Mod products/services in stock before stopping by locally.
FYI: This is NOT for the NEW 3DS systems. That version is still being developed.
PROMO REBATE $50 off of the mod service. More details: http://www.phonerepair.us/rebate?...
As requested, we have pre-modded systems packages for sale. Keep in mind cable adapters need to be purchased separately!
We are providing 2DS/3DS/XL controller modding service developed by Loopy. Now it's possible to use a Gamecube / SNES / Wii controller on your 3DS system. This is only a service as you will have to send in or bring your system to our shop for this service. Turn around time will be 7-14 days as these are made to order.
This mod includes the Gamecube adapter only. If you need other adapters, you will have to purchase them separately.
If your looking to just purchase the full system with the mod pre-installed, we have that too. It will be a used or refurbished system. Since there are many colors for the 3DS, please email us to inquire about this as it will have to be made to order.
All mods come with a 90 day warranty on the mod itself only.
This is what's involved in doing this tedious mod, for those that think it's a simple task:
- Disassembling the mobo carefully without ripping cables
- Solder and splicing 18 wires and keeping track of them
- Carving a whole in the bottom & top case to fit the mod chip
- Gluing the mod chip so it sits in place properly
- Splicing the controller extension cords and soldering it to the connector
- Heat shrink wire wrap the extension cord
1. Place the modding order.
2. Send your system to: xCubicle -- 25 Essex Street, New York NY 10002
3. Please remove any game cartridge and SD cards before mailing the system. We will not be responsible if they are missing during the servicing of your system. Thanks for your understanding.
"Had a PS3 with graphical glitch issues.
These guys were very helpful and responsive at every stage of the process. They made sure to explain and outline everything before I left the PS with them.
Although they weren't able to repair it, they had a good turnaround time and offered a reasonable price for a trade in--so I end up with a working unit in the end, which is what I was after.
Overall I'm happy with the service."
The place looks sketchy and it is. They held my PS3 for 7 days before I decided to call and see what was going on. After 20 min on the phone listening to them search for it, I was told they couldn't fix it. They then offered to give me a trade in deal on a refurbished PS3 for $200. Use them at your own risk.
"A few weeks ago my Xbox 360 started freezing up while playing GTA V. At first, I thought it was a software issue, but quickly it turned into the dreaded RRoD (red ring of death).
Google pointed me to xCubicle to have my console repaired. The result is that I now have a working machine again. Yes, I think the fan came back a bit louder, but that's not a big deal.
Here's what you need to know:
- You drop off at a window.
- It's a $20 dollar deposit (in cash)
- There is a 3-5 day turn-around.
- The balance is due when you pick up the machine.
- They guarantee their work for 90 days. 3ds
I would definitely go to these guys again. You can tell from their store that they are into all things electronic and tinkering, so what they're doing appears to be a bit of a labor of love.
The only thing that kept me from giving them five stars is that their hours are a bit lacking."